Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Top 3 underrated games (Shiro choice)

Some of the best game , with good hype and great marketing, stay in mainstream history forever ,while others only a few know of their greatness, welcome back to VGBM and today we will look at my top 3 underrated action games. For this list I’ll be talking about games I played that I feel that not a lot of people (or no one ) know of their existence and that I personally spent hours enjoying these games.
1 - Psi-Ops The Mindgate Conspiracy
Game cover
First on our list is a game I played at end of the PS2 era. Developed by Midway Games , the studio responsible for the Mortal Kombat series before it shutdown, the game was a third person shooter that also use psychic powers like telekinesis , pyrokinesis, mind control and remote view. The story was relatively good but what I liked about the game is the fact that for me it was the first action game that used super powers very well. For example I remember when I was out of ammo I used to toss enemies around like rag-dolls with telekinesis , another used of telekinesis was using a metal board to get from one ledge to another ( Felt a bit like Magneto) .Unfortunately with Midway closing it doors its sad that this franchise is practically lost forever.
Telekinesis
2 - True Crimes : Streets of New York
Game cover
If you ask me in my PS2 days to name my top 5 games, this one would have been in it.Published by Activision this was one of the first sandbox games I played outside of the gran theft auto series. As in all sandbox games you had a third person view but this game equaled the GTA series on a lot of levels. You played a policeman trying to redeem yourself after the death of your partner in a street accurate recreation of New York. Like in the GTA series you’re a gangster making his way up in True Crimes you’re a policeman working through the rankings. A part of the great story where you’re taking out the different gangs of New York, you also can respond to random disturbances for example some rockstar trashing a hotel room or my personal favorite you need to separate a marital dispute. You can also enter a lot of buildings in the city non-related to the story. You can also learn different fighting techniques from the different dojo’s in the city may it be Wing chun dojo , muay tai dojo or just a plain boxing gym. Now you’re gonna ask me why I think this game didn’t really showed up in mainstream radar well I got 2 theories , it was a released about 6 months after GTA San Andreas , and about a month after the San Andreas hot coffee mod was discovered.
View of in-game New York
I admit it was by pure luck I ran into that game but it will always stay in my gaming memories.
Arresting a felon
3 - Sleeping Dogs
Sleeping Dogs
As I mentioned earlier I fell in love with True Crimes :Strets of New York , so imagined how hyped I was when its spiritual successor , Sleeping Dogs, was coming out , and I was happy I wasn’t disappointed. Developed by the new Square-Enix joint studio continued to put you in the role of a policeman only this time you play the role of an undercover officer in Hong Kong infiltrating the triads gang. This game is one of my favorites in PS3 and has one of the best stories you will find in gaming. It is boosted by incredible voice acting by a lot of asian actors including Will Yun Lee who portrays main character Wei Shen with appearance from Byron Mann , Edison Chen , Emma Stone and Tom Wilkinson. In addition to shooting and fighting there are parkour (Free running) abilities added to the gameplay. There also possibilities for street racing and fight clubs .There are many unlockables like vehicles , gadgets and attires . Game is very well paced and as I said a very compelling story. A sequel is planned but not yet confirmed so we wait.
Will Yun Lee as Wei Shen
Parkour in Sleeping Dogs
Thank you again for reading and tell us which is your underrated action games. Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment